Monday, July 16, 2007

The Globe Theatre

The famous theatre where Shakespeare did his plays 500 years ago. Today I'm watching Othello, which I never got to read while in school. I figured it was about time that I see what this play is all about, and why indeed the game of reversi is given its namesake.

The actor playing othello is the famous british coloured actor, the one that I am sure I have seen before in bristish gangster movies in the past, with a big stage presence and deadly stare.

Quite contrary to at the beginning when I felt like I was trying to understand a dialogue in japanese, further on in the act my old english brain kicked in and I started to understand the gist of what was being said. I really wish that I had read the coles notes summary of the story. That would have indeed have been helpful.

Well the choir is done, and act 3 is starting.

No comments: